All Collections
Settle Working Capital
Early repayment of Financed payment (Extended Payment Terms) ⏳
Early repayment of Financed payment (Extended Payment Terms) ⏳
Anna Briggs avatar
Written by Anna Briggs
Updated over a week ago

There may be times that you'd prefer to pay off a bill you opted to finance (via Settle Extended Payment Terms) before the payment is due. You can do this at any time before the due date; however, please note that EPT fees that have already been paid cannot be refunded or prorated in these instances.

Paying off a financed bill before its due date

  1. Click on the bill you'd like to repay early either through the Bills tab or by clicking on the Related to hyperlink that is on the associated row of the payment in the Payments tab.

  2. Select View next to the Debit on date to bring up the Extended payment terms window.

    Note: you should also see 3 horizontal dots next to the View link, which also has the option to Repay early.

  3. Alternatively, you can click Repay early button towards the bottom of the window to schedule an ACH debit from your bank account for repayment to Settle (note: we do not refund EPT fees for repayment is initiated in the middle of an extension period).

A Few Notes on Early Repayments.

  1. If you decide to pay Settle back early, we do not refund you the EPT fee for any partially completed extension periods. Future extension periods will not be charged. For example: If you financed a bill out to 120 days, then decide to pay Settle back on day 75, you will not be charged for the final extension period (90 to 120 days), but won't be refunded for the 60 to 90 day period.

  2. If you click Repay early, the full amount of the extended term will be repaid not just the current installment amount. For example, if you have 3 installments remaining, the repay early option is for all 3 payments, not the initial payment.

Looking to further extend the repayment window on an invoice? Click here to learn how to change time extensions.

Did this answer your question?